For students looking to create covers for either albums, books or magazines, below are a number of links to some interesting examples to explore for inspiration. Some of these links lead to beautiful designs, while others have been included as they incorporate original concepts that might spark some creative ideas.
1) HOMELAND VINTAGE JAZZ – A collection of vintage jazz album covers, based on quotes and characters from the TV series Homeland.
2) THE BEST ALBUM COVERS OF 2013 – As chosen by The Guardian.
1) PARODIES OF LADYBIRD BOOKS – Ludicrous examples of modern Ladybird Books, such as ‘The Ladybird Book of The Hipster’.
2) NSA KIDS BOOKS – After America’s National Security Agency was revealed to be conducting secret surveillance on some American citizens, these parody children’s book covers were designed.
3) E-BOOK COVER DESIGN WINNERS – From June, 2016.
4) AWARD WINNING BOOK COVERS AND DESIGNS – From 2014’s Regional Design Annual.
1) COVER JUNKIE – A regularly updated collection of well designed covers
2) THE NEW YORKER – The 15 best covers of The New Yorker, according to Time magazine.
3) THE NEW YORKER ARCHIVES 2007-TODAY – Scroll down the page to the ‘Back Issues’ section and choose the month of covers you would like to see.
4) SPORTS ILLUSTRATED – The famous American magazine’s Classic Covers collection.
5) OVERANALYZING MAGAZINE – A parody magazine cover, with the subtitle ‘Every magazine your girlfriend reads’.